Welcome to our website !

Thirty Before ThirtEe

By 10:10 PM

When I wrote my last post, I was in a very different place. a different job, a different country, a different state of mind. 

Moving back to Singapore is one of the better decisions I've made in my life thus far. Some of the challenges I faced living in Utah are gone, some of them remain, while new ones have cropped up. 

I've learned things about myself, about what I am capable of, what I'm not able to do. I've made choices that have caused grief to people I love, but also to me. I've been happy and I've been sad. I've been lonely and I've been fulfilled. 

Life happens.

With that in mind, here's why I'm starting back blogging and writing.

This year, I turn 29. Next year is the big 3-0.

A couple weeks ago, a friend from work asked me if I had thought about turning 30 (she's just a month behind me), then asked if I wanted to do a 30 things to do before you're 30 list with her. 

It's something I've seen people do, and I thought it would be really cool! I mean - I have my life bucket lists - why not knock out a number of them in the next year and a half?

One of the things to do, of course, is to track it, so why not record it? While I've been busy this past year, one of the other reasons why I stopped writing is because I've had writer's block. The words don't flow so easily. I'm trying to stimulate that part of my brain again and get back to that emotion and core of who I was and who I am. 

Being able to articulate it on pen and paper (or a keyboard), I believe, will help me redirect my compass where I want it to go, and help me stay the course. 

I'll be sharing the vast majority here, along with my journey. I hope that through this, I become a better person, in others eyes, but more importantly, in my heart. Through humililty, grace, and a bit of fun, I'm excited for this! 

The very first goal on the list is one that will be ongoing, and that's to write a blog post at least once a week so I can get back into the writing groove. 

Here's to doing 30 great things before turning 30!

You Might Also Like

0 comments